The directors of Thor Energy Plc (AIM, ASX: THR, OTCQB: THORF) are pleased to announce a collaboration with Fleet Space Technologies to undertake Ambient Noise Tomography (“ANT”) surveys to advance Thor’s understanding of the Alford East Copper-REE Project, South Australia.
- Thor and Fleet Space Technologies to collaborate on the Alford East Project to accelerate mineral exploration, incorporating Fleet’s EXOSPHERE BY FLEET® technology.
- EXOSPHERE BY FLEET® scans the ground using the advanced ANT seismic tomography technique, where highly transportable ‘Geode’ devices listen to faint background vibrations from natural and man-made sources. The data is then processed rapidly and transmitted through Fleets constellation of low earth orbit satellites, recently launched by SpaceX. This technology will be used in surveys over the Alford East Project to successfully delineate the low velocity, weathered ‘troughs’ that host the oxide copper-REE mineralisation with the Alford Copper Belt.
- Fleet will integrate ANT results with Thor’s 3D geological model by using Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) and Machine Learning (“ML”) to generate a new model for drill targeting higher-grade oxide copper-gold mineralisation.
- The results from the surveys will play a pivotal role in shaping decisions and refining the targeting strategy for upcoming drilling campaigns. These future drilling efforts will be concentrated on regions characterised by low seismic velocity, known for hosting oxidised copper-gold mineralisation conducive to the possibility of In-Situ Recovery (“ISR”).
- An investment fund associated with Fleet Space will make a direct equity investment of $250,000 in Thor via a share subscription at $0.04 per Share. The Shares are expected to be issued by 8 September 2023. The Shares will be subject to voluntary escrow for 12 months.
WATCH: Learn more about the EXOSHERE BY FLEET® technology
WATCH: Managing Director Nicole Galloway Warland talks to Proactive about the new partnership
ALFORD COPPER PROJECTS
The acquisition phase of the low-impact, ANT surveys are now complete and clearly delineate low-velocity, weathered ‘troughs’ that host the oxide copper-gold- REE mineralisation within the Alford Copper Belt
Thor will acquire a further 29% interest in the Alford East Copper Oxide Project, covering portions of EL6255 and EL6529, taking Thor’s interest to 80%
Thor Energy Plc is pleased to provide investors a chance to view the presentation titled “New Green Economy: Uranium Focus”, delivered by Nicole Galloway Warland, Managing Director on the 2nd of November 2023.
Low-impact, ANT surveys are now underway at the Alford East copper-gold Project using EXOSPHERE BY FLEET® technology
The South Australian Government has approved the first stage of in-ground work on the Kapunda copper In-Situ Recovery (“ISR”) project, South Australia.
A new partnership between Thor Energy and Fleet Space Technologies will accelerate mineral exploration using Fleet’s EXOSHERE BY FLEET® technology