The directors of Thor Energy Plc (“Thor” or the “Company”) (AIM, ASX: THR, OTCQB: THORF) are pleased to announce the commencement of an advanced geophysical technique at the Alford West Project, South Australia, by 30% owned EnviroCopper Limited (“ECL”).
- An Ambient Noise Tomography (ANT) survey is underway at the Alford West copper-gold Project using ExoSphere by Fleet Space.
- Lightweight battery-powered sensors measure naturally occurring seismic vibrations to detect variations in density of the underlying rock units. Subsequent drilling can then be focused on areas with low density contrast which have been shown to host oxidised copper mineralisation amenable to potential In-Situ Copper Recovery (“ISCR”).
- The use of the ExoSphere technology has the potential to significantly improve exploration efficiency in both time and cost, and lead to improved drill targeting. This will result in fewer drillholes, lower environmental impact and reduced time on the land.
- This innovative geophysical survey technique is partially funded (up to A$30,000) by the South Australian government Accelerated Discovery Grant awarded to ECL.
- Survey results are anticipated in late March 2023.
Photo Plate 1: Deploying sensors (Geodes) at Alford West, note the minimum surface disturbance.
ALFORD COPPER PROJECTS
The South Australian Government has approved the first stage of in-ground work on the Kapunda copper In-Situ Recovery (“ISR”) project, South Australia.
A new partnership between Thor Energy and Fleet Space Technologies will accelerate mineral exploration using Fleet’s EXOSHERE BY FLEET® technology
A REE review has revealed that eight out of nine of the 2021 diamond drill holes intersected wide zones of highly enriched REE’s in Kaolin altered, copper rich oxide zones of IOCG style mineralisation.
Geophysics Delineates Structures that host Copper-Gold Mineralisation at Alford West Copper-Gold Project
An Ambient Noise Tomography (ANT) survey is underway at the Alford West copper-gold Project using ExoSphere by Fleet Space.
The directors of Thor Energy Plc are pleased to provide investors a chance to view the presentation titled “Powering The Future”, delivered by Nicole Galloway Warland, Managing Director, at PDAC 2023, the leading mineral exploration and mining convention in Canada.