The directors of Thor Energy Plc (AIM, ASX: THR, OTCQB: THORF) are pleased to announce that the South Australian Government has approved the first stage of in-ground work on the Kapunda copper In-Situ Recovery (“ISR”) project, South Australia by 30% owned EnviroCopper Limited (ECL).
- This phase of work – Site Environmental Lixiviant Test (“SELT”) will be a Push/Pull trial, involving mixing a biodegradable solution called a “Lixiviant” with groundwater for placement within the copper orebody.
- The lixiviant will reside in situ for a period while being sampled and monitored, where it will then be extracted, and the site rehabilitated.
- The Push /Pull trial will commence late September.
- The SELT will provide key information on the ISR assessment including copper dissolution, copper recovery, hydrogeological parameters, and rehabilitation data to identify the next major stage of fieldwork to be conducted, which will be a circulation trial scheduled for the early stages of 2024.
- This is a key environmental approval from the South Australian Government.
- This project is a joint venture between ECL and Terramin Australia Limited, in which Thor holds 30% equity in ECL
WATCH: Learn more about how ISR works with this 2min explainer
About EnviroCopper Limited, Kapunda Project:
Thor holds a 30% equity interest in the private Australian company, EnviroCopper Limited. In turn, ECL has entered into an agreement to earn, in two stages, up to 75% of the rights over metals which may be recovered via ISR contained in the Kapunda deposit from Australian listed company, Terramin Australia Limited (ASX: TZN), and rights to 75% of the Alford West copper project comprising the northern portion of exploration licence EL5984, held by Andromeda Metals Limited (ASX: ADN). Funding is non – dilutive to Thor’s 30% interest in ECL.
In 2022, OZ Minerals Limited (OZ)(now part of BHP Limited) agreed to collaborate with ECR to investigate the ISR of copper at Kapunda. OZ has committed $2.5 million over 18 months to further extend the previous work undertaken in cooperation with CSIRO and University of Adelaide under a Commonwealth Research Centre Project grant. Funding is non – dilutive to Thor’s 30% interest in ECL.
ALFORD COPPER PROJECTS
Thor Energy Plc is pleased to announce a strategic investment by Alligator Energy Limited into EnviroCopper Ltd (“ECL”) to further develop In- Situ Recovery (“ISR”) copper projects. Thor currently holds a 30% equity interest in ECL.
Thor Energy Plc is pleased to announce positive metallurgical copper recovery results, advancing Thor’s In-Situ recovery assessment of the Alford East Copper-REE Project, South Australia.
Thor Energy Plc is pleased to provide investors with a chance to view the presentation slides from the Investor Presentation titled “Alford East: Accelerating Exploration with Fleet Space Technologies”, delivered by MD Nicole Galloway Warland, at the Annual General Meeting on the 29th of November 2023.
Thor Energy Plc is pleased to provide investors with a chance to view the presentation slides from the Investor Presentation titled “New Green Economy: Uranium Focus”, delivered by MD Nicole Galloway Warland, at the Annual General Meeting on the 29th of November 2023.
The acquisition phase of the low-impact, ANT surveys are now complete and clearly delineate low-velocity, weathered ‘troughs’ that host the oxide copper-gold- REE mineralisation within the Alford Copper Belt
Thor will acquire a further 29% interest in the Alford East Copper Oxide Project, covering portions of EL6255 and EL6529, taking Thor’s interest to 80%