The directors of Thor Energy Plc (AIM, ASX: THR) are pleased to announce that all approvals have been granted for drilling at the Company’s 100% owned Wedding Bell and Radium Mountain Projects, located in the historic uranium-vanadium mining district within the Uravan Mineral Belt, southwest Colorado, USA
- All approvals and permits have been granted to commence follow-up drilling from the successful 2022 Program: Rim Rock, Groundhog and Section 23, at Wedding Bell and Radium Mountain projects.
- The proposed 4000m program is designed to further advance the uranium and vanadium projects, with drilling along strike of the mineralisation at Rim Rock and Groundhog, targeting airborne uranium anomalies, and to continue assessing the underexplored Section 23 area, where drilling in 2022 confirmed the uranium and vanadium prospectivity of the area.
- Drilling Contractor Boart Longyear is secured, with drilling to start in September.
- Field assessment is underway over the airborne uranium anomalies, identified from the recently completed radiometric surveys at all three project areas, with the anomalies to be ranked for potential drill testing.
- The priority uranium anomalies identified; at Section 23 where there has been no previous mining, and the anomalies along strike of Groundhog will both be drill-tested as part of the proposed upcoming drilling program.
- Permitting has commenced for maiden drilling at Vanadium King Project, Utah.
Wedding Bell radiometric image (U2/Th ratio) draped over Digital Elevation Model (DEM) showing uranium anomalies in red, green and light blue with priority targets circled.
- Drilling is scheduled for September 2023.
- Drill site preparations to commence in readiness for drilling.
Thor Energy Plc has completed a successful capital raise of AUD$1m to accelerate exploration activities at the Company’s 100% owned uranium assets, located in the historic uranium-vanadium mining district within the Uravan Mineral Belt, in Colorado and Utah, USA
In this Global Mining Review article Nicole Galloway Warland, Managing Director, Thor Energy Plc, explores the current challenges facing nuclear fuel supply, and how the complex combination of supply and demand factors mean that Uranium miners operating in friendly juristictions are certain to benefit.
Detailed airborne magnetic and radiometric surveys have commenced over the Company’s 100% owned uranium and vanadium projects – Wedding Bell, Radium Mountain and Vanadium King, situated within the Uravan Mineral Belt in Colorado and Utah, USA